Tiemme offers one of the most complete and tested ranges of multilayer piping, which is increasingly used for heating and plumbing, currently available on the market.
AL-COBRAPEX, Tiemme multilayer pipe, can be used together with the traditional compression fitting or with press fittings. The crimping system that stems from the latter is called COBRA-PRESS and it is characterised by the availability of a wide range of shapes and adaptors which optimise the task of the installer.
Another characteristic of COBRA-PRESS system is a wide number of product certifications obtained at international level, amongst which are those of the Dutch authority KIWA, the German authority DVGW and the Spanish AENOR.
The main advantages of Tiemme multilayer systems can be summarised as follows:
- extreme workability;
- great versatility (possibility of using in plumbing, heating systems and gas distribution*);
- exclusion of traditional plastic pipes limits (e.g.: dilation, deformation) and metal pipes disadvantages (poor workability, corrosion, leakage, heat dispersion);
- press fitting which adopts TH profile of the gripper tool. The guided press fitting system which includes the back nut as well as the metal socket, excludes the possibility of error by the installer;
- the patented back nut in techno-polymer (for press fittings) carries out a dielectric function and verifies the correct positioning of the fitting on the pipe;
- the socket (for press fitting), in solubilised stainless steel of remarkable thickness, is obtained by deep-drawing and is therefore free from soldering or other weak points.
*where national rules allow it.